Need an Exterminator,
Get ahead of the pests.
Maintaining cleanliness and, as a result, health is paramount in any space – domestic or commercial. This makes that the importance of pest control cannot be overstated! Pests, whether they are insects, rodents, or any other unwanted creatures, can pose a significant threat. These nuisances can cause damage to our properties, contaminate our food, and carry diseases, prompting a growing need for professional assistance to manage these unwelcome visitors.
From Nuisance to Non-existent
Our exterminator Cape Town services include an initial inspection to identify the extent of the infestation, implementation of our recommended treatment plan, and follow-up services to ensure its effectiveness. Our team employs various techniques to eradicate pests, depending on the type of pest, the degree of infestation, and the preferences of the property owner.
These Techniques Include:
Residual treatments are applied in targeted locations where pests are known to live and breed. These are designed to be lethal to pests but safe for humans and pets.
This method involves filling a space with gaseous pesticides to suffocate or poison the pests. It is typically used for severe infestations and in scenarios where pests have penetrated deep into a structure.
This involves making a home or building unattractive or inaccessible to pests. This could include sealing entry points, removing food sources, or altering conditions to make the environment less hospitable.
Unmasking the Unseen: Signs of an Infestation
When it comes to pests, what you can’t see can indeed hurt you. Pests are often experts at staying out of sight, making infestations difficult to detect until they have already caused significant damage. While signs of infestation will differ from pest to pest, here are some tell-tale signs:
- Droppings: One of the most common signs of a pest problem is finding droppings. Whether it is tiny black specks from insects or larger, pellet-like droppings from rodents, this is usually a clear indication that pests are present.
- Unusual sounds: If you hear strange noises, especially at night, you might have a pest problem. Rodents tend to scamper and scratch within walls and ceilings, while certain insects may create a faint, constant noise.
- Dead bugs or shed skin: Finding dead bugs inside your home, especially of the same species, or discovering shed insect skins could mean you have an infestation.
- Visible pests: The most obvious sign of a pest infestation is seeing them themselves! If you spot one, there are likely many more hidden away.
- Unexplained property damage: Pests can cause visible damage to your home. Gnaw marks on furniture, holes in walls, and damaged wiring, can all be the handiwork of rodents. Insects like termites leave behind damaged wood and sawdust-like droppings.
- Unpleasant odours: One of the less subtle signs of a pest infestation is the presence of strong, unpleasant odours. Pests can leave behind a distinctive scent that signals their presence, turning your once fresh and inviting home into a breeding ground for pungent smells.
- Evidence of nesting: Pests like rodents and some insects build nests using paper, grass, and leaves. If you find such materials gathered in hidden areas, it might be time to call in the professionals.
to the PRO Pest Control team. Our experts are ready to restore your home to its pest-free state!
The Importance of Regular Pest Inspections
Preventive pest control forms an integral part of our comprehensive service offering. We believe prevention is better than cure and offer contractual pest control services to safeguard your property against unwelcome pests. Our preventive approach encompasses regular, thorough inspections of your premises, identifying and sealing any potential entry points that could provide access to pests. We also offer expert advice on best practices for food storage, as improper storage can often serve as an open invitation to pests. Furthermore, we implement a variety of proven deterrent measures tailored to your specific environment.
Our ultimate goal is to protect your property from potential pest invasions and provide you with peace of mind, knowing that your home or business is secure from such threats. By choosing our services, you’re opting for proactive protection, reducing the likelihood of facing costly, disruptive infestations in the future.
Getting Rid of Cockroaches with Ongoing Preventative Measures
Since cockroaches are notorious for their resilience and adaptability, it is essential to maintain a few habits to deter this pervasive pest, which begins with eliminating potential food sources! Diligent clean-up of food waste and liquid spillage and ensuring that pet food is not left out will eliminate sources likely to attract these pests. Other preventive measures include rinsing cans and bottles before recycling to remove residual food or liquid. Regular cleaning of exterior drains also helps treat a common breeding ground. Decluttering spaces, particularly in and around kitchens and bathrooms, reduce hiding places for cockroaches, further discouraging their presence. Sealing potential entry points, such as cracks and crevices in walls, floors, and doors, is crucial to prevent cockroaches from gaining access to your premises.